Alejandro De Aza - LF

Adam Jones - CF

Nelson Cruz - DH

Chris Davis - 3B

Steve Pearce - 1B

Caleb Joseph - C

Ryan Flaherty - SS

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Miguel Angel Gonzalez - RHP (8-7, 3.38 ERA)

BOSTON RED SOX

Mookie Betts - CF

Dustin Pedroia - 2B

David Ortiz - DH

Yoenis Cespedes - LF

Mike Napoli - 1B

Daniel Nava - RF

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Will Middlebrooks - 3B

David Ross - C

Joseph William Kelly - RHP (3-3, 4.14 ERA) *

* (2-2, 4.37 ERA) [sT. LOUIS CARDINALS] OOO (1-1, 3.89 ERA) [bOSTON RED SOX]

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly might be the toughest of the pitchers we are scheduled to face. It may have just been the Cardinals uniform (which automatically makes everyone better than they probably are), but I watched him pitch last year and he has really good stuff.

On the offensive side, I worry the most (as always) about Pedroia and Ortiz. Pedroia is an Oriole killer who has more RBI against us than against any other team, and he hits .328 career against our pitching. Ortiz is just scary in general. Napoli and Cespedes are also threats, and Nava who has always hit us pretty well.

Boston may not be a good team, but as a collection of individual players they are actually pretty tough.

Kelly might be the toughest of the pitchers we are scheduled to face. It may have just been the Cardinals uniform (which automatically makes everyone better than they probably are), but I watched him pitch last year and he has really good stuff.

On the offensive side, I worry the most (as always) about Pedroia and Ortiz. Pedroia is an Oriole killer who has more RBI against us than against any other team, and he hits .328 career against our pitching. Ortiz is just scary in general. Napoli and Cespedes are also threats, and Nava who has always hit us pretty well.

Boston may not be a good team, but as a collection of individual players they are actually pretty tough.

Absolutely, and Kelly is nasty. This game will be tough. Watched him pitch for the Red Sox and he was flat out dominant that game. He's a future All-Star imho.

Adam is very cold and very lost at the plate right now.Rather have it now than later if I have to have it at all.

You must mean he's not hitting HR's. He's getting base hits, and had the best AB of the game so far for the O's. Sure didn't look lost.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Right, because they hold onto the money so they can squeeze a few more bucks out of you.
    • I’m talking about major events. Not your basic CC transaction.  
    • Yeah.....that's not true at all. When you are due a credit card refund, it's super simple and typically just takes a few days. Vendors can essentially refund immediately and then it may take a couple days to process.  I've literally NEVER had a refund take this long, only to show as pending for 5 days and then disappear before being processed. It's not at all "the way this type of thing is always handed." Do you even have a refund pending? Or nah, just poking?  
    • FWIW, there's a Reddit post about this topic from somebody that reached out to their rep: “Refunds were processed automatically on our end on October 10th. We did run into some technical difficulties, but they are working on correcting the issue and all refunds should be finalized by October 25th.” So, that's probably why we saw something pending and then nixed. 
    • Several thoughts from an old fart. I have/use one credit card. Use it for everything unless they don't take cards. Each charge I treat as if writing a check and record in  my check book. Balance each month when I pay off credit card statement. NEVER carry a balance on my credit card so never pay interest. Don't buy what I can't cover. If I have a probvlem with a vendor, I file  dispute with my credit card and let them handle it. That makes sure I don't get charged for any interest. I use a card that gives the most cash back. You all probably know all this but it gave me something to do! 😀  Back to the nap! PS - Let's hope next year - no need for a refund!!!!!
    • I did an extensive 30 yr study on payrolls/World Series winners before the season I didn't post because I knew the negative responses it was going to draw. But the bottom line is the number this year was about 145m to even have any shot. Lower end teams can make playoffs, but history has shown you need at least (top 14 payroll I think) to even have a chance. Only 1 time in last 30 yrs has a team gone all the way outside of those parameters. So if you are happy with "just competing" you will be happy with the offseason. If you actually want to win a World Series, to even have a shot that number is probably going to be 150 in 2025 just guessing. And that still isn't even a good shot. It's all fun and games until you roll into the AL/NLCS or MAYBE the WS up against a 250m payroll, like Cleveland is finding out. It's not even a contest. I have the research saved but the laptop is acting up at moment so I can't access it. Not that I still wouldn't get the same negative responses anyway from the usual suspects. This idea that a young talented team can bootstrap their way to a championship without the key reliable pieces, especially deep starting pitching, is a pipe dream. But hey at least they will "compete".  
    • We're definitely picking up O'Hearn's option.  We're already losing Santa.  That would be too much turnover for the MOO.  O'Hearn/Mountcastle is an effective, cheap, first base platoon.  DH too. Personally, I hope our payroll is over 200 million for next year.  I just want to win.  
  • Popular Contributors